Another Birthday Portrait Preview

>> Thursday, October 14, 2010

I’m still way behind on my editing…but I wanted to share another sweet birthday picture preview with you guys today for Before & After! The SOOC shot was really blown out and over-exposed. The sun was freakishly bright on this particular afternoon and Little Man was running around way too much for me to accurately keep my settings in check. Thank goodness for Editing Software…I was able to salvage this one.

Noah-2 years 337 
I ran a few actions on this one to get the color like I wanted it: First, Pioneer Woman’s Boost action, followed by Coffee Shops Perfect Portrait. I lowered the opacity on the Vignette  when I ran perfect portrait. I then ran a Warming Filter and lowered that opacity to 25%. I wanted to add some color to his face, but not so much that he looked orange. Then I lowered the brightness and the contrast a bit until I got the look that I was going for-enough brightness to not distort the coloring, but not so much that he looked totally washed out. And last, I ran Pioneer Woman’s Define & Sharpen. And voila!

Noah-2 years 337 copy

Make sure you head over to Monica’s to link your own Before & After photos and to check out some other absolutely amazing photographers and their work! Happy Thursday!

4439779044_27e3214dc0_o

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a SAHM learning my way around my SLR and striving to open a professional photography business. I spend most of my time in my Manual and reading tutorials online. This blog is my way of documenting the things that I learn and the sessions that I photograph along the way.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP