Photojournalism Challenge

>> Monday, August 30, 2010

I had the perfect photo for this challenge, until I realized that I didn’t have a “face” in it. So instead, I resorted to my second favorite photo…with a face. The theme for this weeks challenge at I Heart Faces is “Photojournalism".” The idea is to submit a photo that tells a story. Most likely a story that moves you, makes you think, or a story that just sticks with you. This photo was taken with my friend Ashleigh at our Session this past Saturday. The lighting was great, and while we were under the Gazebo, I managed to capture this shot…the light was coming in from behind her and she was reading her Bible [she brought it as one of her props because her Faith is who she is.] I call this photo In the Presence of God because that’s what it felt like. When I started editing it, I wanted to emphasize the light coming in and force the focus on her and on the light that was surrounding her. This is what I came up with.

AshleighHicks 195 copy “Technically” speaking, the photo has waaay more noise in it than I would prefer. And I’m sure that someone who qualifies as a seasoned professional could find a ton wrong with the composition, the lighting, the editing. Whatever. The photo spoke to me and gave me goose bumps when I saw it. And even though it probably won’t get a second glance from some photographers, I am in love with this capture.

I_Heart_Faces_Photography_125

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a SAHM learning my way around my SLR and striving to open a professional photography business. I spend most of my time in my Manual and reading tutorials online. This blog is my way of documenting the things that I learn and the sessions that I photograph along the way.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP