Watering Can

>> Thursday, August 5, 2010

  4439779044_27e3214dc0_o

Where on EARTH has this week gone?! Don’t get me wrong, I love that time is flying by, but this week seems to have gone excessively fast. Maybe it’s because everyone is getting ready to start back to school…hubby starts classes again on Monday so we’re preparing for the next few weeks of steady study time. Took Little Man out during the rain break to play yesterday and managed to snap a few new photos that turned out ok. I wasn’t really happy with the lighting today. It was so gloomy and overcast, so some of the photos I took of him didn’t turn out as good as I’d hoped. But I did get some still life’s in that I love.

Playtime 140

Playtime 140

I’m thinking of framing this one when we get moved and hanging it in the kitchen or something. I added two different textures that I googled and found for free online. You can’t really see the first one I added, except a little on the concrete. I desaturated, used the “Define and Sharpen” action from Pioneer Woman and then added her “Seventies” action on top of it. I played a little with the colors and whatnot until I got the way that I wanted it. And ta-da! I shot this with a Canon Rebel Xsi and a 50 mm lens, and edited it in Photoshop CS5. Head over to Monica’s for other before and after photos!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a SAHM learning my way around my SLR and striving to open a professional photography business. I spend most of my time in my Manual and reading tutorials online. This blog is my way of documenting the things that I learn and the sessions that I photograph along the way.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP